Serves: 8, Preparation Time: 1 hour
Equipment: Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine, Large Mixing Bowl, Large Skillet
- 1½ pounds (700 g) lean ground beef, veal, pork, chicken, turkey, or a combination
- ½ medium onion, halved, peeled and chopped, blade #3
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped or grated, blade #2
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs or oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped basil
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
In a Large Mixing Bowl, combine all the ingredients & mix well. Press meatloaf mix into Large Skillet. Cover, close vent, and cook over medium-low heat 35-45 minutes.
Variation: top meatloaf mix with sharp cheese, grated with #3 blade and ketchup or tomato sauce. Cook as directed above.
To serve: slice meatloaf into 8 equal portions and plate. Serve with waterless cooked vegetables.
Nutritional breakdown does not include cheese, ketchup or tomato sauce
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 229; Fat Grams 12; Carbohydrate Grams 12; Protein Grams 17; Cholesterol mg 53; Sodium mg 441