Recently acquired from the Grandson of the original owner. Although it was made handmade by Master Craftsmen in 1966 - this handcrafted 6-Pc STEAK KNIFE SET has never been used. EKCO Arrowhead Knives are sought after by knife collectors worldwide, or use them everyday. Read our story below.
NOTE: We do have 2 other 6-Pc. Steak Knife Sets from the late 60's that have been used but completely reconditioned. Call for price 1-813-390-1144
Knife collecting can be an exciting hobby. You’ll get great joy acquiring Vintage EKCO Arrowhead kitchen knives backed by a great story. That knife could have been a part of your personal story or made a dent in the world's history. Stories like these make a knife valuable and Vintage EKCO Arrowhead Knives are sought after by knife collectors worldwide.
EKCO Arrowhead kitchen knives have a history behind them. In addition, their design and materials have endured time, making them beautiful artifacts worth a collector's interest.
If you're planning on starting a collection or have been doing so for a while the EKCO Arrowhead collection of handcrafted kitchen knives manufactured in the USA from 1965 - 1979 are worth your consideration.
We discovered that nanoparticles of gold were present in the handles of Vintage Arrowhead Cutlery… this can only mean that the Norwegian Birch veneers, growing in gold-rich soil, metabolically absorbed the gold. Yes, trees actually can and do pull gold from the ground.
Arrowhead cutlery was developed and manufactured by EKCO Home Products in the 1960’s, primarily for the direct sales market. With its unique features and extremely high quality, it soon became the most popular and widely sold collection of cutleries in the world.
When EHP “Ekco Home Products” decided to get out of the direct sales business in the mid 70’s, Ron Franklin, its largest distributor assumed control of the product line and continued the business until 1997 when the company was sold to TV cooking show host and cookbook author Charles Knight of Tampa, Florida.
Interestingly enough, Mr. Franklin had other opportunities and much higher offers for the exclusive Arrowhead cutlery line but decided to sell to Knight for one reason and one reason only, Knight’s enthusiasm and commitment to carry on the Arrowhead tradition.
As the story goes, Charles Knight began selling Arrowhead cutlery in 1970 while attending Rutgers University… the very first sale he made was to his parents Ray and Lucille Knight. “Arrowhead cutlery was part of my parent’s home and was proudly displayed on the kitchen wall until mom sold the home after dad died in 1998. It was not only put to great use, but it marked the beginning of my sales career. When Ron decided to sell the company in 1997, how could I not be interested in purchasing it?” Today Knight’s very first sale, his parents 32 pc set of Arrowhead cutlery, is proudly displayed in his office in Tampa.
From the 1960’s until this very day Arrowhead cutlery remains to be the premier line of cutlery available on the market today, and it still carries an unconditional 50-year lifetime guaranty. You will not find it in retail stores; its only available directly from the manufacturer via authorized distributors and the company’s website www.arrowheadcutlery.com.
Features & Benefits.
- It is all about the Blade…
- High Carbon, 425M Chromium Stainless Steel with Molybdenum and Vanadium
- Superior edge design provides smooth, clean cuts.
- Polished mirrors finish for beauty and easy care.
- Knife points contoured for protection.
- Resists rusting and corroding.
- Stain resistant for beauty
- Superior edge retention
- Handle Design…
- Fatigue resistant design
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Fits small or large hand, left or right.
- Will not crack, chip, or absorb moisture.
- Forefinger and thumb grip for safety and control
- Highly engineered layered Norwegian Birch, hard and durable
- Tang extends full length of the handle for extra strength and balance.
- Triple rivets are ground flush with the handle for durability, strength, and comfort.
- Formed under tremendous heat and pressure to resemble “rock like” petrified wood.
- Dishwasher safe, although many knives claim to have handles that are dishwasher safe, temperatures of new model dishwashers may tend to affect the temper of the blades. We recommend hand washing and drying.
TEN WAYS BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL CUTLERY
- Hand Made Sablewood Handles... crafted of beautiful Norwegian hardwood veneers impregnated with resins under tremendous heat and pressure... duplicating what Mother Nature takes millions of years to accomplish in petrified wood. Hard and durable enough to resist burning stains and chip.
- Perma-Keen Cutting Edges... our serrated knives provide 30% more cutting surface than traditional serrated knives. Tips take abuse and crescents do the cutting for lasting sharpness. The only serrated knife that can be re-sharpened by the customer.
- Sculptured Handles... have fine grips carved for safer handling, firmer knife control, an extra safety factor for wet or slippery hands.
- Full Tang Construction... an extra quality safety feature that assures extra strength, perfect balance, and longer life. The tang extends the full length and width of the handle.
- New Heavier Gauge Blades... the kind used by professional chefs who demand the finest cutting blades.
- 425M Chromium Stainless Steel Blades... blends of the finest Hi-Carbon Steel, Chromium, Magnesium, Molybdenum and Vanadium create blades that stay sharp, and resist rusting, tarnishing, and staining.
- Hollow Ground Blades... for keen precision cutting, both sides of the cutting blade are sharpened toward the edge... then the blade is beveled sharply to the cutting area.
- Elegant Storage Holsters & Blocks... keep your knives in place on the wall, drawer, countertop, or tabletop, or in handcrafted leather storage holsters. Attractive, contemporary blocks and holsters compliment the finest cutlery manufactured.
- Saber Ground Blades... the entire grind is beveled sharply to the cutting edge for heavy-duty cutting tasks.
- High Compression Rivets... of nickel/chrome join the blade firmly to the SABLEWOOD layered handles and are guaranteed never to pull apart.
The Sablewood Fan shown here demonstrates how the finest Norwegian hardwood
veneers are fused under pressure approaching 250 tons per square inch, resulting in handles of synthetic petrified wood. The beauty of wood with the durability of a “rock like” material provides Handles that will last more than a lifetime.
Arrowhead Cutlery is the world’s finest, sculptured, contemporary styling cutlery, American-made perfection for you to treasure for a lifetime. Cut, slice, chop and carve your foods to perfection with this exciting new ensemble. Famous Arrowhead Cutlery is the standard that all others try to duplicate…the finest precision cutting and serving instruments are available only through www.ArrowheadCutlery.com
Questions? Call or text the CHEF 1-813-390-1144