All experienced cooks rely on freshly made stocks to add delightful flavors to their appetizers, vegetables, entrees, soups and sauces. I encourage those who are just beginning to cook or are aspiring to be a great home cook to begin the learning process with stocks, sauces, soups and stews. They will not only give you a firm foundation in the basic techniques of food preparation and the chemistry of it all, but you will thoroughly enjoy the results. Health Craft's NEW Ultra-Tech II Stockpots with our exclusive Full-Body Construction cook from the bottom up, sides in and top down.
Chef Charles Knight
Make entertaining and big meals simple. Ideal for roasts, chicken, turkey, stews, pasta, sauces, soups and stocks. Created with the highest grade surgical stainless steel, these Ultra-Core stockpots with heavy encapsulated bottoms provide great heat conductivity and are made to last generations. For Gas, Electric and Induction
- CNTS8QN499 8 Qt. Ultra-Core™ Stockpot with Ultra-Temp control and whistle vent
- CNTS12QN549 12 Qt. Ultra-Core™ Stockpot with Ultra-Temp control and whistle vent
- CNTS18QN639 18 Qt. Ultra-Core™ Stockpot with Ultra-Temp control and whistle vent
- CNTS26QN699 26 Qt. Ultra-Core™ Stockpot with Ultra-Temp control and whistle vent
- CNTS24ST140 Steamer/Canning Basket (Fits 12, 18 and 26 Qt. stockpots)
Need help? Customer Service 18 hours a day / 7 days a week 1.813.885.5244
STEAMED BLUE CRABS
Equipment: Ultra-Core stockpot; 12Qt (1 dozen), 18Qt (2 dozen), 26Qt (3+ dozen), Steamer/Canning Basket
- 1½ bottles or can of Dogfish, Blue Moon or Budweiser Beer. ½ bottle for you while cooking
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 dozen live blue crabs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Place beer, vinegar and ¼ cup Old Bay seasoning in the stockpot. Stir to combine.
Place the Steamer/Canner Basket in the stockpot and add the live crabs.
Cover and open the Ultra-Temp Control and Whistle Vent and turn to medium heat. When the whistle sounds or steam escapes from vent turn the heat to low and close the vent.
NOTE: The alcohol from the beer will vaporize, relax the crabs and put them to sleep, so the meat will be tender.
Steam crabs until they turn bright orange and all of the blue/green color is gone, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup seafood seasoning before serving.