Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Equipment: French Chef Knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine food cutter, Large Skillet
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded blade #5
- 1 green pepper cut in strips
- 2 cups celery diced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and julienne blade #2
- 2 tomatoes cut in half with each half cut in quarters
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In the Large Skillet brown bacon over medium heat, remove bacon to paper towels. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cabbage, green pepper, celery and onion. Cover (close vent) and cook 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sugar, cover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 64; Fat Grams 1; Carbohydrate Grams 13; Protein Grams 2; Cholesterol mg 1; Sodium mg 60.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 1; Protein Points 0; Fat Grams 1; Sodium Points 3; Fiber Points 2; Carbohydrate Points 1; Cholesterol Points 0.