Shrimp & Scallops in a Spicy Garlic & Ginger Sauce
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: Chef Knife, Cutting Board, rotary food cutter, large sauté skillet or 11-inch Stir-Fry Skillet/Mini-WOK, small stainless Mixing Bowl
- ½ pound bay scallops (bay scallops are 3 to 4 times smaller than sea scallops)
- ½ pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure golden olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced fine or sliced #4 cutting cone
- 2 medium shallots, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons carrot, grated #1 cutting cone
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated #1 cutting cone (or ginger sauce)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 strips crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
- Serve over Cooked Rice or Chinese Noodles (optional)
Prep all ingredients. Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Sriracha sauce, and egg yolk, whisk well and set aside.
Preheat sauté skillet or wok over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted add garlic, shallots, carrots and fresh grated ginger. Sauté until all ingredients are cooked, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add bay scallops and shrimp sauté 2 to 3 minutes until partially cooked.
Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Sriracha sauce, egg yolk mixture. Continue to cook until shrimp and scalloped are cooked and sauce thickens.
Serve with or without rice or Chinese noodles. Top with chopped crispy bacon and scallions.