Scallops with Chives & Peppers
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, Large Skillet
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ pounds (360 g) fresh scallops
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Pinch of ground cloves and cinnamon
Preheat Large Skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter and bring to temperature. Add chili pepper, red pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add scallops and sauté just long enough to heat through, about 2 minutes. Stir in chives, cloves and cinnamon. Sauté about 30 seconds more.
Serve over pasta.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 138; Fat Grams 5; Carbohydrate Grams 4; Protein Grams 21; Cholesterol mg 45; Sodium mg 261.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 2; Protein Points 3; Fat Grams 5; Sodium Points 11; Fiber Points 1; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 5.