Scallops with Chives & Peppers
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, Large Skillet
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ pounds (360 g) fresh scallops
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped.
- Pinch of ground cloves and cinnamon
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
Preheat Large Skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter and bring to temperature. Add chili pepper, red pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add scallops and sauté just long enough to heat through, about 2 minutes. Stir in chives, cloves, and cinnamon. Sauté about 30 seconds more.
In the 1-quart warm alfredo sauce and tomato sauce and mix well.
To serves, place enough sauce to cover the inside rim of the serving plate, place scallops on plate and top with pans sauce of peppers and chives.