Turn your Oil-Core electric skillet into an automatic Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Crockpot, Baker, Roaster, Griddle, Deep Fryer, Popcorn Popper and it even browns.
Replacement Electric Probe for various “Oil Core” electric skillet brands sold by Health Craft over the years. Health Craft, Saladmaster, Classica, Kitchen Nutrition, Regal Ware. Replacement Probe for Models K7249, K7249P, K7250, K7252, K7253, K7256, K7271, K7273, K7286, K7356, K7356C, K7817, SA010OCU, SA012OCU, SA005OCU, PC084, PC066, PC061, PC041
With Recipe/Instruction Cook booklet: Turns your liquid oil core electric skillet into an automatic Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Crockpot, Baker, Roaster, Griddle, Deep Fryer, Popcorn Popper and it even browns.
Operating Instructions: Insert automatic control into appliance. Plug in electric outlet and a red sign light with appear on the right side of the display. CAUTION: Always operate appliance at least 4 inches (10cm) from the wall.
- TEMP: Press the TEMP to turn the unit ON (the temperature will flash 150°F).
- OFF: Press the Off button to turn the unit OFF.
- FAHRENHEIT to CELSIUS: Turn the unit on and press both the TEMP and TIME button
Up and Down ARROWS: By pressing the up or down arrow the temperature will adjust in 5-degree increment in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Pressing and holding the up or down key the temperature will adjust in 25-dregee increments Fahrenheit or 10-degree increments Celsius. If no temperature is set, the signal light (red light on the left side of the digital display) will flash for 2 minutes and automatically shut off.
- Temperature Range: 150-450°F or 65-230°C
- SIGNAL LIGHT: As the appliance heats to the set temperature, the signal light will blink on and off until it achieves the precise temperature and stop blinking when the set temperature has been achieved (3 to 5 minutes). The signal light will cycle on and off during the cooking process to indicate the precise temperature is being maintained and saving energy dollars.
- TIMER Button: First set the desired cooking temperature. To set the timer press and release the TIME button. The display will flash 00:00. Press and hold the UP arrow to set the desired length of time up to 12 hours. If no time is set, the heat control will operate at the preset temperature until the OFF button is pressed. The digital timer will automatically count down in the display. The temperature or time can be checked at any time during the cooking process by pressing the TEMP or TIME button. Furthermore, the temperature or time can be changed at any time during the cooking process.
Rice Cooking: This NEW digital heat control features two automatic RICE SETTINGS. It takes the guess work out of cooking rice and it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Insert Rice, liquid and desired seasoning. (See guide below.)
- Press the TEMP button.
- Press the down arrow button once to select RIC1 or twice to select RIC2. Display will flash the chosen setting. When flashing stops, heating begins. The unit will automatically heat to a simmer and cook the rice. A countdown timer will appear in the display and then switch to the keep warm temperature of 150°F (65°C) when cycle is complete.
RIC1 – Low setting/shorter cooking time used for smaller amounts of rice. (1-3 cups dry measure).
RIC2 – High setting/longer cooking time used for larger amounts of rice. (4-5 cups dry measure) This unit has a capacity of 5 cups dry measure.
These are general guidelines. Results may vary depending on quantity, type and brand rice selected. DO NOT EXCEED CAPACITY.
Low 150°F (65°C) Tenderizing Meat, Sous-Vide Vegetables
- 155°F (68°C) Food-borne bacteria killed, pasteurizing
- 150-160°F (65-70°C) Slow-Cooking 5-7 hours: Beans, cereal grains, stews, steaming
Slow-Cooking 3-5 hours: 170-190°F (77-88°C) Barbecue, appetizers, dips, Sloppy Joes, soft-boiled eggs
Med-Low 175°F (79°C) SIMMER: Stocks, soups, stews, chili, chowder, melting cheese for Fondue
- 180°F (80°C) Sauces, poaching eggs, roasting meat after browning, waterless cooking
- 200°F (95°C) Stewing, braising, quiche, waterless cooking after vapor seal
Slow-Cooking 2-3 hours: 200-220°F (95-105°C) Spare ribs, Osso-Buco, fruit/vegetable juices, sauces
- 210°F (99°C) Baking; custards, casseroles, hard-boiled eggs
- 220-230°F (105-110°C) Jellies, jams, preserves, candy
- 230-250°F (110-121°C) Eggs; scrambled, fried, omelets, pre-heat for baking
Medium 275°F (135°C) STEAMING: Begin waterless cooking, Bananas Foster, Cherries Jubilee, roux
- 300°F (150°C) Sauté vegetables, hash browns, baking cakes, cornbread, brownies
- 350°F (175°C) Fish, seafood, grilled sandwiches
Med-Hi 375°F (191°C) Stir-fry, deep-fry, pancakes, boil pasta
- 400°F (205°C) Crepes, pan-fry, pan-broil
High 425°F (218°C) Boil, sauté, boiling meat for Fondue
- 450°F (232°C) Browning, searing meats before roasting
Baking with the Digital Probe
When baking a boxed cake, brownies, cornbread, etc., follow these basic instructions:
Follow the ingredient and mixing instructions on the box. When baking a cake you can replace the oil with pineapple juice
Coat the pan with unsalted butter or cooking spray before placing the batter into the pan. You can use parchment paper “to fit” the bottom of the pan as it will allow the baked goods to be easily removed.
- Preheat the pan with the cover on to 250°F (120°C)
- Place the batter in the pan, cover and raise the temperature 300°F (150°C)
- Set the digital probe timer to the specific time on the box, using the time for a 9 inch pan.
- Timer will shut unit OFF when the time has elapsed. Allow to cool sufficiently. Run a knife around the edge of the baked item to loosen from the pan.
- Invert baked item onto a platter for serving or icing or decorating.
NOTE: When removing the cover after the cooling period, immediately turn the cover over upside down so the moisture that has accumulated on the inside cover does not drip onto the baked item.
- Works with USA and Korean units marked “Oil-Core”
- Will not fit models which use a magnetic connection.
- Protect your investment use only Health Craft replacement parts.
- 1-1/2" spacing between terminals.
- 2-1/4" long steel temp-sensor probe
- Two 3/8" diameter ports flanking probe to feed line current.
- Fits stainless steel probe housing opening 2-3/16”W x ¾”H
- Overall measures 5"L x 3-1/4"W x 1-7/8"H
- 28 inch electrical cord.
- Rated for up to 1200W at 120VAC