Ruth's Chris Steak House Famous BREAD PUDDING
PREPARATION: 1 hour 15 minutes – make 16 servings
EQUIPMENT: 1 ½ Qt. Saucier or 2 Qt. Saucepan, 9x13” Roasting Pan, Mixing Bowls, Kitchen Machine food cutter with #2 cone, (variations) bake in Oil Core Electric Skillet at 200°F, or in the 13” Casserole Karahi Pan on your Induction Cooker at 200°F
- 9 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk, heated to steaming
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ pound stale French bread, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 small apple, cored and julienne cut (skin to) #2 cutting cone
- Pinch of salt
- For Sauce: Vanilla Yogurt and Amaretto Liquor (optional) it is so good it may not need it.
Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until frothy. Whisk in vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar until smooth. Slowly whisk in the hot milk, then the butter. Stir in the bread, raisins, apple, and salt.
Pour mixture into prepared pan, and bake about 45 minutes, until pudding is firm, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Top with Amaretto Cream Sauce, a combination of Vanilla Yogurt mixed with Amaretto liquor.
Ask the chef. Text or call 1-813-390-1144