Reduced Calorie Fetuccine
Serves: 12 – 1cup servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 12 ounce (460 g) fettuccini noodles, uncooked
- ½ cup plain yogurt or low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated Kitchen Machine #1 blade
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Using the 6-quart Pasta/Steamer unit and 6.5-quart Stockpot, fill pan with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add fettuccini and salt (optional), and cook until al dente (firm to the bite). Remove Pasta insert, drain, and set aside. Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Add yogurt, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, toss, and top with chopped parsley.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 75; Fat Grams 2; Carbohydrate Grams 11; Protein Grams 4; Cholesterol mg 16; Sodium mg 265.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 1; Protein Points ½; Fat Grams 3; Sodium Points 12; Fiber Points 0; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 1 ½.