Red Potato Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Equipment: 3 QT saucepan, French chef’s knife, cutting board, 2 QT mixing bowl.
Preparation Time: 2 hours - Serves 8
- 10 medium red potatoes, cooked waterless, and cubed
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/4-cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch tarragon chiffonade
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked, quartered
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Brush the potatoes clean with a vegetable brush. In the 3 QT saucepan, cook the potatoes waterless, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool uncovered. Cut in cubes and place in the refrigerator to chill, about 1 hour.
For the vinaigrette, in a mixing bowl, combine mustard, celery seed, and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil until an emulsion is formed; then add herbs.
To Serve, toss potatoes with vinaigrette, and garnish with green onion and hard cooked eggs.