PEPPER JACK STEW by LeAnn Knight
What to do with leftover Stuffed Peppers. See Stuffed Peppers recipe here
EQUIPMENT: 5-quart Stockpot
- 2 to 3 Stuffed Peppers, chopped
- 1 32-ounce College Inn All-Natural Chicken Broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup leftover meats (cooked porkchop, Italian sausage) chopped
- 1 15-ounce can Goya Pinto Beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can Goya Canelli Beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can Goya Northern Beans
- 1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Green Chilies (optional for more heat)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sour cream
When you have leftover Stuffed Peppers you can prepare PEPPER-JACK STEW in the skillet baked in, or the 5-quart stockpot.
FROM SCRATCH: Follow the stuffed pepper recipe. Instead of stuffing, chop the peppers and add to sauteing onions, garlic, and carrots.
FROM STUFFED PEPPERS: Chop the cooked peppers as desired and place back in the pan with the stuffing and salsa. To the pan add box of Chicken Borth and 3 bay leaves, mix well, adjust the heat to medium 275ᵒF and bring to simmer.
Add meat, beans, seasoning, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and green chilies (optional) and vinegar. Adjust the heat to medium-low 210ᵒF. Simmer about 1 hour or until desired thickness. Adjust flavor with garlic and onion powder.
To serve, top with Sour Cream and Basil leaves