Serves: 8 - Yields: 2 quarts (2 L) - Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine food cutter, Large Skillet, 6.5-quart Tall Stockpot, 6-quart Steamer/Pasta insert, 1-quart Saucepan, 1-quart stainless Mixing Bowl
- ¼ pound (115 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced #4 blade (to slice, lay sideways in hopper)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh snow pea pods
- ½ cup yellow squash, sliced #4 blade
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced #4 blade
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 8 ounces (230 g) fresh linguini, uncooked
- ¼ cup (60 ml) hot water
- 2 tablespoons Chablis or another dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup (180 ml) skim milk
- 1 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, plus 1 tablespoon, grated #1 blade
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
In the Large Skillet, sweat down mushrooms over medium heat, about 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally. Add garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add broccoli, snow peas, yellow squash, zucchini, and chives, cover (close vent), reduce the heat to low, form vapor seal and cook waterless 15-20 minutes.
In the 6.5-quart Stockpot with 6-quart Pasta/Steamer insert, cook linguini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In the 1-quart (1 L) Saucepan, combine water, wine and bouillon; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl, combine milk and flour, mix well. Gradually add to water, wine mixture, stirring constantly until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Place linguini in large serving bowl, pour sauce over pasta and toss gently. Add ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil, and toss gently. Top with vegetable mixture, and remaining Parmesan cheese.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 80; Fat Grams 1; Carbohydrate Grams 12; Protein Grams 5; Cholesterol mg 12; Sodium mg 75.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 1; Protein Points ½; Fat Grams 1; Sodium Points 3; Fiber Points 0; Carbohydrate Points 1; Cholesterol Points 1.