Serves: 20 - Preparation Time: 1 hour
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine food cutter
- 10 medium red potatoes, cooked waterless and cubed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped #2 cone
- 1 red onion, chopped #2 cone
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1-tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Gherkins sweet pickle juice
- 1-teaspoon Dixie Crystals sugar
- 3-4 Sweet Gherkin pickles, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt (optional)
- 2 eggs hard cooked*, quartered (see instructions below)
In a large bowl combine potatoes with next eight ingredients. Toss well. Top potato salad with eggs, tomato, and green onion. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NUTRIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 32; Fat Grams 0; Carbohydrate Grams 7; Protein Grams 1; Cholesterol mg 0; Sodium mg 124.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points ½; Protein Points 0; Fat Grams 0; Sodium Points 5; Fiber Points 0; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 0.
Hard Cooked Eggs*
In a cool 1-quart Saucepan place eggs and 2 tablespoons water for one egg, adding 1-tablespoon water for each additional egg, up to six.
Cover and close the vent. Place over medium heat 240°F (116C°) cooking for 5 minutes. Turn burner off and leave covered 10 minutes.
Cool with water or ice, then peel.