Marinated Tuna Steaks with Orange Rosemary Sauce
EQUIPMENT: mixing bowl or freezer baggies, Kitchen Machine food cutter, large sauté skillet, cutting board, French chef’s knife
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes – Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 four-ounce Tuna steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 sweet onion, diced (#2 cutting cone)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, Dom from Guam Marinade
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme, or Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Crystal hot pepper sauce
- 1 juice of one lemon, put lemon in the pan.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- ½ cup orange juice (optional)
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemarie chopped (optional)
To prepare the marinade, in a mixing bowl or large freezer bag, add the garlic, onion, olive oil, marinade, thyme, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice and squeezed lemon. Place the tuna steaks into the marinade, cover or seal the bag and place in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours, or overnight. Cover the pan, open the vent and cook until seared, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the tuna, and sear for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a warm platter and keep warm.
Optional, slowly stir the marinade into the tuna drippings and simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, if using, and the orange juice and simmer until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
To serve, top the Tuna with the sauce, sprinkle with chopped rosemary and garnish with a slice of orange. Serve with a combination salad and pan roasted Sunlite Potatoes.