Preparation Time: 55 minutes
Equipment: 3-quart Saucepan, French chef knife, Cutting Board, 2-Burner Breakfast Griddle
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 pounds (1 kg) rump roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 8 ounce (230 g) reduced calorie Italian Dressing
- 8 pearl onions, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini squash, cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 1 green pepper cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Trim blunt end of skewers to width of griddle.
- Marinade beef cubes in Italian dressing, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- While beef is marinating prepare rice of baked potatoes as side dish to Kabobs.
- Skewer beef cubes and vegetables.
Preheat griddle over two burners on medium-high heat. Sprinkle drops of water on the griddle. If the water droplets evaporate the pan is not hot enough, when water droplets dance, the skillet has reached the proper cooking temperature for grilling on top of the range.
Place Kabobs carefully on hot griddle. They will immediately stick to the skillet until seared sufficiently (about 4-5 minutes per side. When Kabobs loosen easily, turn, and repeat the process until all four sides are cooked to desired doneness.
To Serve: Baste with remaining marinade, if desired. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately over rice or with baked potato.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 250; Fat Grams 9; Carbohydrate Grams 19; Protein Grams 25; Cholesterol mg 67; Sodium mg 309.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 3 ½; Protein Points 3; Fat Grams 9; Sodium Points 13; Fiber Points 2; Carbohydrate Points 1; Cholesterol Points 7.