Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, medium stainless Mixing Bowl
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, minced fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced using side of knife to mash to paste with ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime, juice thereof
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, or Crystal hot sauce
- 1 plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped (optional)
Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash avocados with a fork and stir in onion, garlic paste, lime juice, cumin, tomato, and coriander.
NOTE: Guacamole can be prepared in advance and kept chilled and covered.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 62; Fat Grams 5; Carbohydrate Grams 5; Protein Grams 1; Cholesterol mg 0; Sodium mg 8.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 1; Protein Points 0; Fat Grams 5; Sodium Points 0; Fiber Points ½; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 0.
See Beef Fajitas recipe at Cook Greaseless