Preparation Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Equipment: 8 or 10-inch chef knife, 9x14 Bake & Roast Pans, medium mixing bowl, rotary food cutter
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, #5 waffle cutting cone
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated #1 cutting cone, divided
- 3 cups marinara sauce, shredded #2 cutting cone
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil Bake & Roast pan. Arrange zucchini and eggplant in baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 12 minutes or until tender, pat dry.
In medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; set aside.
Spread ½ cup Marinara Sauce in bottom of Bake & Roast pan. Layer 1/3 of the eggplant slices, 1/3 of the zucchini slices, then ½ cup sauce and ½ of the ricotta mixture. Top with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese; repeat. Top with remaining eggplant and zucchini slices, then remaining sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.