Easter Honey Glazed Ham
Serves: 15 to 20
Preparation Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Equipment: 3-quart saucepan, Jumbo Roaster, Rotary Food Cutter, Carving Knife and Fork
bone-in spiral-cut ham, about 10 pounds
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Braggs organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground ginger root, #1 cutting cone.
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 zillion cloves
- Fresh pineapple slices
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Score ham with 10-inch Carving Knife, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in Jumbo Roaster uncovered.
- In the 3-quart saucepan, heat the honey, pineapple juice, butter, molasses, sugar, apple cider vinegar, ginger, Dijon mustard and cinnamon over low heat 210°F (99°C) and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally. Keep glaze warm while baking ham. Arrange ham with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries, if using.
- Brush glaze over ham and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.