HUMMUS HOMEMADE by LeAnn Knight – Best Ever!
EQUIPMENT: 9-inch fry pan, food processor
PREPARATION: 15 minutes – makes about 1 cup
- ½ cup olive oil (reserve after cooking garlic)
- 8 cloves garlic whole peeled
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas drained with 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin or to taste
- ¼ cup 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chickpea liquid
- 2 tablespoons olive oil you cooked the garlic
Sauté whole garlic cloves in olive oil over medium heat 275ᵒ 2 or 3 minutes until cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Drain chickpeas and reserve the liquid. To the food processor add chickpeas, cooked garlic, juice of 1 lemon, kosher sale, cumin, peanut butter, 2 chickpea liquid, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil you cooked the garlic in, and blend on low speed until creamy.
To serve, place in a serving bowl and top by drizzling olive oil you cooked the garlic in over the top. Serve with Pita chips.