Baking, Roasting, Cookie Sheet
- 14" x 17" 304 Surgical Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet
- 3 pounds
You’ll reach for your high quality Health Craft stainless steel bake ware again and again! With stainless steel the oven does the baking, not your pan—so you can get professional results every time.
- Bakes evenly —and avoids burning!
- Easy release of foods
- Easy to clean —and dishwasher safe!
- No coating to scratch or wear off
- Will not react with food
Need help? Contact
- 1-800-443-8079 North America
- 011-813-882-0537 International
French Almond Macaroons
Adapted from Susie Fisbein
- Evan Sung for the New York Times
- Time: 30 minutes, plus resting and cooling
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3 large egg whites
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Combine sugar and almonds in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process 3 minutes to grind into a fine powder. If mixture is sticking, scrape down sides of bowl. Add starch and process 1 minute more.
2. In another bowl or a mixer, whip egg whites, salt and extract together at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Working in 3 additions, fold almond mixture into egg whites, turning over and over until incorporated. Batter will be sticky and thick. Set aside to rest 20 minutes.
3. Spoon batter by tablespoons onto prepared pans; cookies will spread to about 3-inch rounds, so leave plenty of room. Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies are puffed, golden and shiny, 18 to 20 minutes. As soon as cookies come out of oven, remove paper (with cookies on it) from baking sheet. Let cookies cool completely before removing from paper; use a thin metal spatula or knife blade if cookies stick.
Yield: 24 large cookies.