EQUIPMENT: 5-quart stainless mixing bowl, food cutter, 13-inch French gourmet skillet, and 8-quart stockpot with pasta culinary basket.
PREPARATION TIME: 3 hours - Makes 12 -16 servings.
- 1 lbs. Organic Veal
- 1 lbs. Organic Lean Ground Beef
- 1 lbs. Organic Pork or Turkey
- 1 cup Manchego goat cheese grated #1 cutting cone.
- 1 ¼ cup wheat, gluten, soy & dairy free breadcrumbs
- 1 whole organic egg, or 2 egg whites
- 5 gloves organic garlic minced fine.
- 1 organic Spanish onion chopped #2 cutting cone.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup ice water
In the 5-quart mixing bowl, combine the veal, beef, pork, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, onions, olive oil and ice water. Mix well and form into 1-inch meatballs.
In a hot, dry skillet over medium heat (induction 225°F to 275°F), dry sauté the meatballs, covered with the vent open, until brown on all sides, 15 to 20 minutes. Turn the meatballs as they release easily from the pan. Re-cover the pan after each turning. Alternative; bake in 375°F oven with lid off 35 – 45 minutes.
SAUCE or to some Italian Gravy
- 1 large Spanish onion chopped #2 cutting cone.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 8-ounce can organic gluten free tomato paste
- 2 (28-ounce) cans organic gluten free tomato puree
- 2 (28-ounce) cans organic gluten free whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar or 1 teaspoon Stevia in the raw
- 1/3 cup sulfate free dry red wine, Chianti, or other dry red wine
- 1/2 cup Manchego goat cheese grated #1 cutting cone.
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped.
In a hot, dry stockpot over medium heat (induction 225°F to 275°F), dry sauté the onions and garlic until slightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the Italian seasoning and allow it to release its flavor. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the paste turns reddish-brown in color, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not allow the residue that forms on the bottom of the pan to burn.
Add tomatoes, tomato puree, water and sugar or stevia. Stir, cover the pan, open the vent, and reduce the heat to medium-low (induction 170°F to 190°F). Simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the wine; cover the pan, open the vent and simmer, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
To serve, spoon sauce over rice pasta. Top with grated cheese and chopped fresh basil.