Health Craft Cooking with Jack Harris and Chef Tell
EQUIPMENT: bowl for flour, 11-inch gourmet skillet, French chef knife, cutting board.
PREPARATION: 30 minutes – serves 2 to 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 catfish fillets, 4 to 5 ounces each
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 stalk celery cut on a bias
- 2 – 3 leaves Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) chopped
- 2 – 3 mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 medium shallot sliced thin
- ½ cup white wine
Over medium heat 375ᵒF preheat skillet, melt butter, and add olive oil.
Dredge the fillets in flour and place catfish in hot pan with butter and olive oil. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes and turn. Add vegetables, sprinkle with white wine and cover. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
To serve, make a nest of vegetables and place the catfish fillets on top of the vegetables.