Recipe Adapted for an Induction Cooktop
PREPARATION: 1 hour 30 minutes – makes 12 to 14 servings
- 2/3 cup graham crackers, grated cone #1
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, grated cone #1
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 15 ounce (430 g) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce (230 g) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, grated blade #1
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 8 ounce (230 g) carton plain yogurt
For crust; in the small mixing bowl, combine crackers, powdered sugar and lemon zest with butter. Mix well, and press into the bottom of 13-inch Paella Pan. Cook over low heat 200°F (93°C) for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For filling; in the large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, combine ricotta and cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs and egg whites, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in yogurt. Pour mixture into crust-line pan. Bake over low heat 200°F (93°C) 1 hour 15 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cover the pan, close the vent, and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
To serve, top with fresh strawberries (optional) or any other fresh fruit.
Nutritional breakdown does not including strawberries
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 176; Fat Grams 3; Carbohydrate Grams 26; Protein Grams 9; Cholesterol mg 39; Sodium mg 344.