Asparagus Mushroom Sauté
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: French Chef Knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine food cutter, Large Skillet
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
- ¼ pound (120 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced #4 blade
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ onion, julienned #2 blade
- 1 16 ounce (460 g) can asparagus cuts and tips drained, or 1 pound fresh asparagus
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated #1 blade
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Heat chicken broth in 10-inch Chef Pan or Large Skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, red pepper and onion, sauté about 2 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus and sauté 1 minute more. Combine wine and cornstarch; stir to dissolve. Add remaining ingredients stir-fry about 1 minute until sauce boils and thickens.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 57; Fat Grams 1; Carbohydrate Grams 6; Protein Grams 4; Cholesterol mg 0; Sodium mg 42.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points ½; Protein Points ½; Fat Grams 1; Sodium Points 2; Fiber Points 1; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 0.