Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Preparation Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine food cutter, 2-quart Saucepan, Large Skillet,
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) chicken broth (or homemade Chicken Stock, see Stocks & Sauces for recipe)
- ¾ cup rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped #1 blade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pound pounds (700 g) ground turkey
- 1 32 ounce (910 g) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 large green bell peppers
In the 2-quart saucepan (2 L) bring chicken stock to a boil, add rice, stir, and remove from heat.
I the Large Skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil 3-5 minutes. Add ground turkey, and cook until turkey is no longer pink in color. Remove from heat and drain fat. Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper, mix well.
Remove tops and seed green peppers. Spoon turkey and rice mixture into bell peppers and stand peppers upright in 4-quart Stockpot (4 L). Spoon remaining sauce on top of pepper, and add 3 tablespoons of water, cover with the vent closed, and cook waterless over medium-low heat to form the vapor seal. When the lid spins freely on a cushion of water the vapor seal is formed. Cook through until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 320; Fat Grams 13; Carbohydrate Grams 26; Protein Grams 26; Cholesterol mg 90; Sodium mg 165.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 4½; Protein Points 3; Fat Grams 13; Sodium Points 7; Fiber Points 3; Carbohydrate Points 1 ½; Cholesterol Points 9.