Thai Red Curry Shrimp and Pineapple
Serves: 8, Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: 11-inch WOK, Chef Knife, Cutting Board, Kitchen Machine
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 ½ pounds (700 g) medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, drained and dried
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (240 ml) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest, grated #1 blade
- ¼ cup (60 ml) low sodium soy sauce
Preheat vegetable oil in WOK or Large Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add red curry paste stirring to separate paste. Add shrimp, stir-fry about 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple and remaining ingredients, simmer 5-6 minutes.
Serve over prepared jasmine rice, garnish with cilantro and roasted peanuts.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 187; Fat Grams 9; Carbohydrate Grams 14; Protein Grams 15; Cholesterol mg 102; Sodium mg 800.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 2 ½; Protein Points 2; Fat Grams 9; Sodium Points 35; Fiber Points 1; Carbohydrate Points 1; Cholesterol Points 10.