Taylor “Pork Roll” Rueben
Makes: 2 sandwiches
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Equipment: 11 inch square griddle
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Jersey hard rolls, sliced or thick Jewish Rye Bread
- ¼ cup Thousand Islands or Russian dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices Taylor Pork Roll
- 4 dill pickle slices
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained or coleslaw
Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
Toast buttered hard-roll or Rye Bread until lightly brown, and spread with dressing. On toasted bread or roll, layer 2 slices pork roll, pickle slices, Swiss cheese, 2 more slices of pork roll, and 1/4 cup sauerkraut or coleslaw. Top with remaining hard-roll or rye bread slices.
Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown and cheese melts, about 10 to 12 minutes per side. Sandwich can be pressed like a Cuban sandwich for extra flavor. Serve hot.