- 2 cloves, garlic minced or pureed with a knife
- ¼ cup onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Velveeta Italian cheese, shredded #4 blade
- 1 6-ounce (170 g) can crab meat, drained (or freshly boiled)
- 12 large mushroom caps, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
NOTE: Soft cheese, like the one in this recipe, is shredded easier when firmed by placing in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, onions, parsley, cheese, and crab meat, mix well, and fill each mushroom cap with crab mixture.
Place stuffed mushrooms in large, skillet, cover, close the vent and cook waterless until Vapor Seal is formed (approximately 5 minutes). Reduce heat to low for additional 10 minutes.
To Serve: Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to serving plate and sprinkle with paprika.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 43; Fat Grams 3; Carbohydrate Grams 2; Protein Grams 4; Cholesterol mg 15; Sodium mg 160.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points ½; Protein Points ½; Fat Grams 3; Sodium Points 7; Fiber Points 0; Carbohydrate Points 0; Cholesterol Points 1 ½.