Queenie’s Oven Baked Southern FRIED CHICKEN by Queenie Fedyk
Serves 4 – 45 minutes.
EQUIPMENT: Large Zip Lock bag, Jelly Roll Pan
- ½ cup golden olive oil, Italian or Spanish
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper or white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian Paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Marjoram
- 4 chicken thighs or 4 chicken legs
- Chicken thighs and legs can range in size, but for typical grocery store brands, figure that eight bone-in will weigh about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds.
Preheat oven to 400ᵒF.
Roll chicken in oil and butter. Skin off reduces calories.
Place flour in Zip Lock bag and drop chicken in bag. Seal and shake to coat evenly.
Place chicken on paper towel to allow the floured chicken to dry, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Place floured chicken on Jelly Roll pan and place in oven.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes turn and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest, about 5 minutes.
Use drippings to make gravy using ¾ cups each of white wine chicken stock with 1 to 2 tablespoons flour. Mix well and deglaze pan with mixture over medium-low heat.
Best served with pan baked Cornbread, Collard Greens and Mac & Cheese.