Orange Roughly & Asparagus
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Equipment: French chef knife, Cutting Board, 13-inch Chef Pan
- 1 pound (460 g) fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
- 1 2 ounce (60 g) jar pimientos, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried whole thyme (or fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
In a mixing bowl, combine asparagus with pimiento, lemon juice, thyme, garlic powder and fresh grated pepper (optional). Set aside.
Arrange fillets in cool 13-inch (33 cm) Chef Pan, and spoon asparagus mixture over fillets. Cover (close vent) and cook over medium-heat 15-20 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
To Serve: Top with sliced almonds, and serve with yellow rice.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 149; Fat Grams 2; Carbohydrate Grams 2; Protein Grams 29; Cholesterol mg 35; Sodium mg 178.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 2; Protein Points 4; Fat Grams 2; Sodium Points 8; Fiber Points 1; Carbohydrate Points 0; Cholesterol Points 4.