Sausage and Egg Casserole
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage or ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons sage, add only when using turkey
- 6 slices bread, cubed with crust removed
- 2 cups (480 ml) skim milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
In the 13-inch Chef Pan or Large Skillet, sauté sausage or turkey over medium heat until browned, and remove to paper towels to drain. Clean Chef Pan.
In the 5-quart Mixing Bowl, combine all ingredients.
Lightly coat 13-inch Chef Pan with cooking spray, pour casserole ingredients, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cook on top of the stove over medium heat, covered (vent closed) for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 45 minutes.
To serve: Top with chopped parsley.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Calories 175; Fat Grams 9; Carbohydrate Grams 9; Protein Grams 13; Cholesterol mg 159; Sodium mg 427.
THE POINT SYSTEM: Calorie Points 2 ½; Protein Points 2; Fat Grams 9; Sodium Points 18 ½; Fiber Points 0; Carbohydrate Points ½; Cholesterol Points 16.