MAPLE SYRUP BREAKFAST SAUSAGE – without fillers or monosodium glutamate
PREPARATION: 30 minutes – makes 12 to 20 patties
- 2 pounds fatty ground pork
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar (8 tablespoons)
- 1½ tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon anise seed crushed with a pestle and mortar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
In a large mixing bowl combine pork, with maple syrup, brown sugar, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika and anise seed. Blend evenly. Form into 2 to 3-inch meatballs.
To cook, preheat skillet over medium heat 275ᵒF. Please meatballs in the skillet and press down with spatula to form into a patty. Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side to desired doneness.
NOTE: Add lemon juice to boast flavor and if you plan to store in the refrigerator or freezer, lemon juice also acts as a preservative. When refrigerating, cook within 24 hours.