From Chef Charles Knight's personal collection... 1960's ERA - Like New. You will not be disappointed. Sharp as a razor. FREE SHARPENING STEEL
EKCO Arrowhead Roast Slicer with Fork. 9.5 inch blade, 15.5 inches overall length.
Arrowhead cutlery was developed and manufactured by EKCO Home Products in the 1960’s, primarily for the direct sales market. With its unique features and extremely high quality, it soon became the most popular and widely sold collection of cutlery in the world.
When EHP “Ekco Home Products” decided to get out of the direct sales business in the mid 70’s, Ron Franklin, its largest distributor assumed control of the product line and continued the business until 1997 when the company was sold to TV cooking show host and cookbook author Charles Knight of Tampa, Florida.
Interestingly enough, Mr. Franklin had other opportunities and much higher offers for the exclusive Arrowhead cutlery line, but decided to sell to Knight for one reason and one reason only, Knight’s enthusiasm and commitment to carry on the Arrowhead tradition.
As the story goes, Charles Knight began selling Arrowhead cutlery in 1970 while attending Rutgers University… the very first sale he made was to his parents Ray and Lucille Knight. “Arrowhead cutlery was part of my parent’s home, and was proudly displayed on the kitchen wall until mom sold the home after dad passed away in 1998. It was not only put to great use, but it marked the beginning of my sales career. When Ron decided to sell the company in 1997, how could I not be interested in purchasing it?” Today Knight’s very first sale, his parents 32 pc set of Arrowhead cutlery, is proudly displayed in his office in Tampa.
Features & Benefits
It’s all about the Blade…
- High Carbon, 425M Chromium Stainless Steel with Molybdenum and Vanadium
- Superior edge design provides smooth, clean cuts
- Polished mirror finish for beauty and easy care
- Knife points contoured for protection
- Resists rusting and corroding
- Stain resistant for beauty
- Superior edge retention
- Fatigue resistant design
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Fits small or large hand, left or right
- Will not crack, chip, or absorb moisture
- Forefinger and thumb grip for safety and control
- Highly engineered layered Sablewood, hard and durable
- Tang extends full length of the handle for extra strength and balance
- Triple rivets are ground flush with the handle for durability, strength and comfort
- Formed under tremendous heat and pressure to resemble “rock like” petrified wood
- Dishwasher safe, although many knives claim to have handles that are dishwasher safe, temperatures of new model dishwashers may tend to affect the temper of the blades. We recommend hand washing and drying.