PREPARATION TIME: 1 1/2 to 2 hours - Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 48 ounce low-sodium V-8 or Tomato Juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1/4 reserved)
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped (1/4 reserved)
- 1 cucumber, julienne #2 cutting cone (1/4 reserved)
- 1 large white onion, quartered chopped #5 cutting cone (1/4 reserved)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
8 to 10 fresh basil or mint leaves (1/2 reserved)
Add approximately half of all ingredients (except green onions, sour cream and 1/2 basil) to the blender and liquefy. Pour the mixture into the 4 Qt. soup pot, add the balance of the ingredients mix well and cover. Place the soup pot in the refrigerator and chill, about 1 hour. The conductive multi-ply pan will conducts cold as well as it does heat. If not using Health Craft cookware chill for 2 to 3 hours.
To serve, ladle chilled Gazpacho into serving bowls or whiskey glasses, top with reserved vegetables, green onions, sour cream and basil.
Another option would be to top the Gazpacho with a combined portion of the horseradish and sour cream.